Thursday, September 2, 2010

Unfullfilled expections...

I have been in a funk lately!  I have all these great plans and wonderful ideas, but never seem to get them to go as planned.  We ran into a friend the other day that have a daughter that is about 5 months younger than Rachel.  Their little girl can talk circles around my sweet Rachel.  It made me feel like an under-achiever.  With homeschool, I make great lesson plans and have great activities planned, but pretty soon those fall by the wayside.

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.  I don't think its that I have bit off more than I can chew.  I don't think its lack of sleep. 

I can't wait to take a girls day out next week.  I am really looking forward to it!  Park City, here we come!

I started a new piano student yesterday.  I hope it went well.  I haven't had many beginning students....most of my students come to me having had some lessons and its a guessing game to see where to start them.  This new student is an older beginner.  I think the lesson went well.  I love to teach piano lessons and see the accomplishment of students!

It seems that I set certain expectations for myself and when I don't meet them (as a Mom, Homeschool teacher, piano teacher, homemaker, financial planner, cook, cleaner, etc) I beat myself up.  I guess I just need to be easier on myself.  This is my goal.....Repeat after me:  I think I can!  I think I can!  I think I can!

1 comments:

Shelly said...

You are amazing!! Don't get down on yourself!! (I have to tell myself every night that I need to just keep trying and be patient and sooner or later, my life will all come together) :)

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment, try using another browser. Sorry for the inconvenience! Sometimes firefox won't work.